AIR CURTAIN MEANS 10-15% DRAW REDUCTION
Air Curtain (patented) overcomes the pressure difference between the top and bottom sides of the paper sheet after the center roll by creating an air curtain under the paper sheet.
This relieves sheet tension at the center roll, thus providing potential for speed increases.
- Less draw
- Less breaks
- Less porosity
- Wider sheet
- Better bonding strength
- Better tensile strength
- UPM-KYMMENE, Mill PMx – draw reduction 14% (4,1% > 3,55 %) (Machine speed 1600 m/min, Metso Sym-Press B)
- MYLLYKOSKI, Mill PMx – draw reduction over 25% (2,3% > 1,7%) (Machine speed 1400 m/min, Metso SymPress B + 4th )
- STORA ENSO, Mill PMx – draw reduction up to 20% (Machine speed 530 – 1375 m/min, Voith tri-nip + 4th)
- NORSKE SKOG, Mill PMx – draw reduction 13% (3,80% > 3,30%) (Machine speed 1450 m/min, Beloih tri-nip)
- EMIN LEYDIER, Mill PMx – draw reduction 10% (2,75%>2,48%) (Machine speed 1100 m/min, Voith Duocentri + shoe)